Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scrubbing bubbles

Yesterday I rearranged the job chart for the kids--most things were the same, just more clearly defined. I did, however, decide to add: clean the toilet and clean the tub. Those two things I have not had the kids do--I always worry about the chemicals for the toilet. But I decided that my kids need to know how to clean a whole bathroom, not just parts. Kind of like the kitchen--I can just see them leaving home and thinking, hmm, if I leave these pots and pans in the sink, they will be magically washed by morning. Or, it doesn't really matter if I leave my toast crumbs on the counter, because they won't be here tomorrow when I make toast again. Obviously the crumbs just get sucked right into the counter.

Yeah, right, I keep hoping for the same thing.

So, Jake ended up being on "clean the toilet" for this week. I told the kids to take note of the new jobs--I was expecting many grumbles. I did not expect the whooping and hollering from Jake: "Yes! I get to clean the toilet! I am the first one! Yea! I get to clean the toilet."

If only we could all approach the nastiest jobs with such enthusiasm. . .

5 comments:

orangemily said...

Wow! I'm inviting Jake to my house.
Our dishwasher just broke, maybe I should invite another kid too. ; )

Luke and Niki said...

If Jake keeps up that attitude towards other things in life...he will amount to a lot!! If only we all could be like that!!!

Luke and Niki said...

PS and don't feel bad I think i was cleaning toilets at our house since I was 6.

Anna said...

Khee hee, their roommates will thank you.
-Anna

Peterson Family said...

Don't let Niki fool you... she NEVER cleaned. :) HAHA!! Just kidding.

I think it's awesome that you are teaching ALL your kids to work. Boys included. GO JAKE!

PS I would scrub a toilet over mopping the floor hands down.