Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dante got his wisdom teeth out today. This is #3 since the end of August. Taylor was the best coming out of the anesthesia. He was just quiet--Moni cried and moaned. But Dante--holy cow! That boy screamed and cried and was borderline hallucinating. I guess he was combative during the surgery so they had to give him another medicine to calm him down and they said that one is hard to come out of. Yup, they were right. He hollered and accused everyone else of yelling at him and being mad at him and hitting him (when we patted his legs). He'd point and say--you lied to me! You said I could go home! He kept spitting the gauze out of his mouth. At first it was kind of funny, but then it got obnoxious when he didn't quit. They finally came and told him he had to be quiet because he was scaring the other patients. They said he couldn't go home until he calmed down and then I think they changed their minds because they were anxious to get him out! Corky and a nurse practically dragged him to the car. He would calm down during the ride home and then start crying and hollering again.

He's doing well now, but seems to be still a bit sensitive to everything around him. He was so excited to have his wisdom teeth out--I think because of the promise of all the pudding you can eat. Somehow he didn't count on the pain. . .

He wanted us to film him (I think he figured he'd look like the kid on the little video), but he was too fussy so I didn't. So, sorry I don't have a funny film to show you of Dante on drugs. Tomorrow I'll get a shot of the chipmunk cheeks.

You should see all the yogurt and pudding I have in my fridge. Well, maybe not for long.

1 comment:

orangemily said...

That is just crazy!
I don't remember what it was like coming out of anesthesia when I had mine out.
Hopefully he'll recover quickly.