Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We went to view the floats that will be in the 24th of July Parade. I've always wanted to do this, but this is the first time I actually made it there. It was very fun! I think I'll do it again next year.


I loved this float--it was the seagulls and the crickets. At the front were the dad seagulls catching the crickets, then the moms cooking them and serving them up for dinner. You can even see a "cricket cookie" at the foot of one mom. Then in the back were the kids sitting and kicking their legs, fishing. There were Cricket Cookbooks, a stove, all kinds of things. And tons of crickets at the front of the float!!!
It was called "Turning Trials into Treats." Very clever.


This is another one I thought was very fun--Trekking Now and Then. It has the pioneer wagon going one way and the family in the mini-van going the other. Followed the theme very well, which was something like Pioneers Now and Then. I don't remember exactly.






Of course Moira loved the Cinderella theme--and yeah, it was beautiful. However, she wasn't very happy that she couldn't get in the coach.


Posers, all of them.

And then--Lunch!! Yum! Fun times with fun friends.

Another silly pose--what a cutie!

But check out this pose! This was not candid--she posed for me this way. Made me laugh.




Kella and Emily



Moira and Jake.


Emily and Dante. Dante's happy because he's getting shrimp.


Jake and Moira in the treehouse at Wheeler Farm. Is this really the only picture I took after lugging that camera around all day?

1 comment:

orangemily said...

Thanks for posting about this! I should just link my blog to this post, I have been so lazy about blogging.
We have fun going on adventures with you!!