Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Giving Thanks

Okay, I've been tagged by Anna to tell what I'm most grateful for. Wow. Right now it's kind of hard because there are so many things. Everything that I'm so thankful for seems to be magnified--I guess that's normal when life has been topsy-turvy in the last few weeks.


I am grateful for Ed Richardson, my father-in-law, for the life the lived and the love that he so freely shared. I always felt loved by him. He always told me that I was beautiful, and he made me feel beautiful. I am grateful for the example he was to his son, my sweetheart.


I am so thankful for Corky. He is so good to me--he showers me with affection and makes me feel beautiful--I guess he got that from his dad. Corky is truly my favorite person in the whole world. A long time ago a bishop told me that someday I'd meet somebody who would make "my socks roll up and down." Every date I went on I thought about what my socks were doing. Corky makes my socks roll up and down. I am so thankful that we are married and have a family. We have been married for over 22 years--it still seems like just yesterday, but we're just more comfortable. I am thankful that he let me be a part of his life.


I am so thankful for my kidlets. I love being a mom. My kids make me smile and laugh and cry and go crazy. I love the goofy things they say and do and I love their sweet kisses and hugs. For all you who worry about having teenagers, don't. Certainly there are challenges, but they are a lot of fun! I love having kids of all ages. It's so great when you see them work together and help each other be happy. These are the current school pictures.


I am thankful for my Mom and Dad, brothers and sisters and all of their spouses and kids--and their spouses and kids! I have felt an outpouring of love from each of them during this past month, and for that I'm grateful. It's wonderful to have people who care about you. I am amazed at the generosity and love from each. Thank you! They sent us a cookie bouquet that arrived the day before Grandad's funeral. My sister Arlene (in the picture with me) kind of spearheaded the whole thing--she said she wanted something that would make us smile. Smiles were kind of lacking, and this truly did make us smile. Here's a picture of the bouquet. It was delicious! Thanks to all of you.


I am grateful for parents who have taught me the gospel and who have lived it their whole lives. I am thankful for the temple and the peace I feel when I'm there. I am thankful for some wonderful friends--women in my neighborhood and ward who like to be with me! We have a girls' day and watch a chick flick. I love that. I love having someone I can talk to and cry with.

Life is good.

2 comments:

orangemily said...

What a wonderful expression of thanks!
I'm certainly thankful for you Sally!

Sally said...

Thank makes me cry, because I feel the same. I feel so blessed to be counted as your friend.