So how sad is this that I tried to log in to my blog and couldn't remember what email I had it under? Hmm, I think that's a hint that it's been way too long since I last wrote. I have thought about it a few times, but kept thinking--well I don't really have time to write and do justice to that story, or I simply didn't want to write that day, or really truly didn't have much time. And now, I don't. Have time that is. I have a couple of minutes, but that's it.
Whew!
Summer. We're smack in the middle of it. And it hasn't been that bad. I have had many days where I've complained about the heat, but then I look at the thermometer and it's only 88 or 93 or something crazy like that. This hasn't been a hot summer, but seriously, I have still felt the sun burning on my skin. I know that's lame compared to Anna in Texas where they are baking in front of the air conditioner, but I am not a hot weather person. I have said many times that I'd be great in Montana where they have about 8 days of summer. You know in winter you can add as many layers as you want, but in the heat, you can only take off so much without people calling the police.
Moni decided not to work at Scout Camp this summer, and she's happy. It was a stressful time thinking about giving up a job when you don't have another one, but things worked out. I happened to drive by the pool in Magna and they said they were hiring lifeguards and swimming teachers (to be called WSI--Water Safety Instructors--who knew?), and she took the classes and got the jobs. She loves it! I don't even know why I drove by there because it's not by anything where I normally go, but evidently I was supposed to see that sign for her. I tried to get her to do this for the last two years, but she always refused to be in a swimming suit all summer and at the pool. Now she loves it. I've bought her 3 suits this summer. I figured I would have spent that much getting her ready for camp and the treats she took each week, so it's okay. I do have to feed her all summer though. . .
Dante has been to one week-long scout camp this summer and is headed to a 3-day next week. He loves it. He got to do Aviation, Small Boat Sailing, Shotgun and Geocaching. Geochacing? Really? That's a merit badge? Don't you just wander around and look for stuff? Then Uncle Lynn came over and invited Dante to go with him to do Horsemanship. He was really excited about that because they offered that at camp (but he chose Aviation) and the boys there didn't get to ride very much. He got to ride quite a bit with Uncle Lynn. They even spent the night in the horse pasture. Well that's certainly a dream come true, isn't it? You should have seen his clothes when he got home. They'd stepped in mud up to their knees--I soaked his clothes. Put them through a prewash with two rinses, then did a long wash and two rinses again. His sock still look bad. At least his jeans were black to start with. But he came home happy. That's worth a pair of pants, right?
Okay, time's up for now. I promise I'll get back to life here. I have missed reading about everyone else, although I have peeked now and then at your lives!
1 comment:
Hot! You got that right. Wanna come for a visit, and then when you return home you'll feel nice and cool?
Glad every body is busy!
I am jealous of the three swimsuits, and the reason for dirty socks.
Post a Comment