Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It’s a new year, more or less . . .*

more patience while driving – less frustration with dough-head drivers who shouldn’t be behind the wheel
more reading of good books – less mindless surfing
more compliments – less criticism
more new recipes cooked – less quick dinners that are lame
more cleaning at home – less dust
more reading of scriptures and church magazines – less time doing nothing
more exercise – less body fat
more healthy eating – less junk food
more kindness – less craziness with people who don’t know what they’re talking about
more sincere prayers – less “blah, blah, blah bless this and thanks for that” prayers
more smiles – less grumping
less spending when I don’t need to – more money in the bank
more preparation with whatever I need to do – less last-minute hurrying, not getting things done the way I would want
less anger – more being a duck—letting things roll off my back like water off a duck (I’m a duck! I’m a duck!)
less thinking I’m right – more seeing the other person’s side, even when they're wrong
less jumping to conclusions – more actual listening
more righteousness – less fence sitting and “holding on to my favorite sins”
less silly errands – more gas in the car

*(Yes, I know some of these should be listed as "fewer" instead of "less," but that doesn't work with the theme.)

There's a beginning. I have actually thought of tons more, but mostly at 2 in the morning while I'm laying in bed. So now I don't really remember them. Why do they always seem to be much more profound at that time?

1 comment:

NatMo said...

This inspires me to sit down and make my own "more and less" list. Thanks!