Dante with his Eagle--a sweet lady in our ward does balloons--Jake calls her a "great balloonist." And she is. How very fun.
The dad and mom. Here I am in my, as Corky calls it, "fancy grandma shirt." Cracks me up.
Dante receiving his Eagle. Yipee!
All alone, awaiting his fate.
The Eagle, in his place of honor.
The Cake! I was so happy with how this turned out. It was one of those visions you get in your head and then once you start, you wonder what the heck possessed you to think you could possibly do this. But when it was finished, I was happy. I made a chocolate mousse filling that was to die for. In fact, one lady told me she was going to die eating it because it was so good. I did a practice run at home just to make sure it would work, and that cake was gone in a flash. So I figured it was good enough to serve. And easy to make!
Okay, I admit, I didn't design the cake. I found this picture on a box of paper. Pretty cool though, huh? Somebody thought I lasered it. Nope. But I liked him.
So boys who earn their Eagle Scout rank make their mothers very happy. Dante is 13 and I'm so glad he finished. Okay that sounds just like more of a sigh of relief, which in some ways it is because now it's done and we don't have to worry about it any more. But I'm glad for him, too. He worked hard, stayed on track and finished. He had a wonderful project, made baby hats for One Heart World-wide, a very cool organization. I think I talked about that earlier this summer when we were doing the project. A lot of boys just gathered things, but Dante had to work a little harder and get people to come, not just whoever showed up that night for scouts. I'm not trying to dis anybody or their project, this one was just a little different. I'm proud of him!
Two down, one more to go. . .
3 comments:
It was wonderful to be there, Dante has worked so hard
ALso your cake was awesome!!
Why would he call it a grandma shirt? You're no grandma!
Good job on the cake. You should post on the mousse recipe, I'm always looking for good fillings for cakes. (Dad's chocolate sauce works on some too. Yum Yum.)
Go Dante! Can't believe he's only 13 and done! Sheesh! If he applied himself like that in real life he could be a millionaire by the time he's 19!
I'm counting on the millionaire part--need somebody to take care of me in my old age. Well, my kids say they'll take care of me in my old age and then say, oh, you are already old. Ha. Ha. That's my reply.
Post a Comment